Postcard shadow
If you do not have the time or desire to pursue the respective options, you may want to hire someone to manage your challenge. There are 6 areas in which you may choose to retain the services of a professional, they are:

Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
A qualified tax preparer is instrumental if you have incurred a short sale, loan modification or foreclosure.
To find listings of qualified CPA's go to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.

Foreclosure or Bankruptcy attorneys are best suited to seek advice if you are pursuing bankruptcy. Also, if you feel that you have been defrauded by your lender (in their terms and/or conditions) an attorney may be able to advise you on whether or not you have recourse. To find listings of qualified bankruptcy attorneys a good source is the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.

Realtors(R) can assist you in several ways. The simplest is to provide you a no cost, Current Market Analysis of your home. They can also assist you in selling your home via a Short Sale. It is very important to understand that not all Realtors are qualified to assisting homeowners in short sales. Keep in mind that if you choose to sell your home via a short sale, the lender, not you will be paying the Realtor their commission as part of the cost of sale. Contact our Short Sale Specialist.

Loan Modification Specialist
A Loan Modification Specialist can assist you with negotiation of a loan modification. There is an emerging industry of Loan Modification Specialists that will work with your lender on your behalf. These companies will charge you a fee; sometimes upfront. The cost will typically be $1500-$3500. Contact us for a legitimate Loan Modification Specialist.

Credit Repair
It is possible to vanquish the bad marks created from paying your mortgage late. Although you may be able to accomplish this on your own, finding a credible credit repair company may be your best option. Such services vary in price between $500 and $1500.

Forensic Loan Auditor
Troubled homeowners with adjustable rate mortgages who are having trouble getting their loans modified or who are behind with their payments and in danger of losing their home, may want to hire a Forensic Loan Auditor to discover if their lender violated the Truth in Lending Act or made any errors while preparing their closing documents and neglected to adequately disclose the terms of their loan. Often lenders are more willing to modify a loan if an error is found.

Make sure that the professionals you chose keep current on local and national foreclosure issues. If you have questions or need referrals to any of the above professionals, Contact Us.